Back to Forum Home Page

You must be a registered user (on-premise or cloud) to add any post. To get access, enter your registered Emaill address below and we will email you the access token. Enter your token along with your email address to add the post. You can use your last received token if you have already generated one.

Q. How to get access to FlinkISO Forum?

Ans:In order to able to post, you must be a registered user either with FlinkISO either On-premise or Cloud. You can login to the forum via using your email address, which you or your administrator used duing the registration on the websile. Once you have the email address, use the same email addres and generate a token. We will send you the token on the same email address. Use that token along with the email address to login. You can read posts without login.

Home > FlinkISO API

Issue with Flinkiso Installation and Custom Form Building

Hi,

I successfully installed Flinkiso as per the instructions, but when attempting to build a custom form, I encountered an error indicating that the Flinkiso API is not available. I've also been experiencing difficulties updating Flinkiso to the latest version. Despite attempting to update it, the process seems to be unsuccessful, and I'm unsure of the reason behind this. Furthermore, I've noticed that OnlyOffice integration is not functioning properly within the Flinkiso environment. 

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance you could provide in resolving these issues. Please let me know if you require any further information from my end to troubleshoot effectively.

2 weeks, 5 days ago | Open | By: Uzair Jamil

Dear Uzair Jamil,

We have noticed multiple registrations with difference emails, multiple of them are with public domains like gmail.com from multiple countries (Netherlands/ UK/ Pakistan etc).

Apart from this, a screenshot was shared with us by someone, while providing an email support, who during the installation, removed our branding (FlinkISO) and added own brand name which was later reversed when we pointed it out.

All this are against our policies. Considering this, we have blocked the API access to all these instances.

Please note, FlinkISO is a B2B application and we do not wish to drain our resources on duplicate registrations. Your original registration and API access ended on 15 Jun 24. In order to access our APIs you must pay the API charges as mentioned here : https://www.flinkiso.com/pricing/qms-api.html.

While most of the users are able to successfully install & use the application if they follow the instructions given in the manual (https://www.flinkiso.com/manual/installation.html) and if not, we do provide support (both free [only for the qualified organisations] & paid https://www.flinkiso.com/services/installation-services.html).

We have already provided this support for one of your instance registered with Gmail account, but we can not continue to provide free support & API access to your multiple instances.

Regards
-FlinkISO Team

2 weeks, 5 days ago | By: FlinkISO Team

Dear Team FlinkISO,

I'm really sorry if the conduct has confused and inconvenienced you. I am also a learner and understand that mistakes are bound to happen in the process of learning. From that view, the rebranding incident was one major lapse on my part for which I really apologize. As you told me about this violation, I just went through your policies. I know pretty well how serious my blunder was. I assure you that it was not my aim to misuse your brand; it was merely for modifying the application for the university project. It was never my intention to permanently rebrand or violate your terms. 

I bought the domain only to meet the demands of the project and in no way had any intention of violation or abusing your services. I really regret it if this will make me sound another way, and I very much understand that this might be taken differently. In light of this, I would like to appeal to you to reconsider the limitation of API access. This project is very important for the academic course of my degree. Without your API, the project may not be completed, and it can let me fail. I understand very well the consequences of my decisions and actions, and I am willing to be a total follower of your regulations from now on. Please do let me know if there is any possibility for me to be reinstated with strict compliance with your set of rules. 

Looking forward to kind consideration and an amicable settlement of this matter.

2 weeks, 5 days ago | By: Uzair Jamil

Dear Flinkiso Team,

I hope you're doing well. I'm reaching out with a heavy heart about the API access issue I've been facing. It's been a while since I first reached out to you, and I'm really anxious about not hearing back yet. I can't stress enough how crucial it is for me to get access to the API. My entire university project depends on it. Without it, I could end up with grades that don't reflect my efforts, and that's really worrying for me.

I've been putting my heart and soul into this project, and having API access would make all the difference. I'm really hoping you can understand how important this is for me. I know you are busy, but could you please prioritize mine? It would mean the world to me to get this sorted out as soon as possible.

I'm eagerly waiting for your response and keeping my fingers crossed for good news.

2 weeks, 4 days ago | By: Uzair Jamil

Hi,

We need some clarity here:

University Name:
Project Details:
No. Of Particepents:
Project Duration:
For how many days API access is needed.

We will take a call once you share this information with us. Please note, while providing support to your other instance, we have categorically said that this is B2B commercial application and you should look for a better alternative for your project, as we fail to understand how our application be part of any University Project.

Regards
FlinkISO Team

2 weeks, 4 days ago | By: FlinkISO Team

Dear Team FlinkISO,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your concerns to the fullest level when you say that you have to integrate your application into the university project, bearing in mind the fact that the software you supply is commercial. Below is the information that you asked for:

University Name: Iqra University 

Project Details: The project is aimed to bring out effectiveness in the document control system, hence academic projects and administrative documents management within the setup of the academic environment. The major focus will be on evaluating usability, scalability, and the possibility of integrating the document control version of FlinkISO with a controlled academic environment. 

Number of Participants: 2 

Project Duration: 6 

API Access Period: 25

We feel that an investigation into the use of FlinkISO's document control system might provide valuable insight into the use outside of the corporate environment and may in fact open up the system for use within the educational institution. We would highly appreciate your considering our request and look forward to your valuable guidance and recommendation in this regard.

2 weeks, 3 days ago | By: Uzair Jamil

Hi,

What is the unit? Days/Weeks/Month?

Project Duration: 6 

API Access Period: 25

2 weeks, 3 days ago | By: FlinkISO Team

Dear Team FlinkISO,

Apologies for any confusion. The project duration is indeed 6 months, and the API access period is 25 days. Thank you for your understanding.

2 weeks, 3 days ago | By: Uzair Jamil

Hi,

We will open your access to Custom HTML Form APIs till 31st May 2024. You must create all the required forms within this period. You must however install ONLYOFFICE on your own separate server and use your own server to access ONLYOFFICE documents. Do let us know once you are able to install and connect  to your own ONLYOFFICE server. We will open the APIs once we receive that confirmation.

All the best
FlinkISO Team

2 weeks, 2 days ago | By: FlinkISO Team

Dear Team FlinkISO,,

Thank you for the clarification and for extending the access to Custom HTML Form APIs. 

Regarding ONLYOFFICE, I'll set it up on a separate server and connect accordingly. Once the installation is complete, I'll notify you promptly for API access activation.

Thank you once again for your kind support.

2 weeks, 2 days ago | By: Uzair Jamil

Dear Team FlinkISO,

I've successfully installed and connected to my own ONLYOFFICE server as per your instructions. However, I'm encountering an issue that I believe requires your assistance. When attempting to open documents on the ONLYOFFICE server, I consistently receive an error message stating, "The document could not be saved." Interestingly, despite this error message, the file is indeed being saved on my local machine.

I've made several attempts to troubleshoot this issue by referring to the troubleshooting documentation provided in the ONLYOFFICE API documentation, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to resolve it on my own.

Could you please provide further guidance or assistance in resolving this error? Any insights or instructions you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

1 week, 5 days ago | By: Uzair Jamil

Hi,

If you are getting this error while creating PDF Templates, just ignore the error.

Regards
-FlinkISO Team

1 week, 5 days ago | By: FlinkISO Team

Dear Team FlinkISO,

I've successfully installed the ONLYOFFICE server according to your instructions. With everything set up as required, I kindly request you to proceed with opening the APIs access for me. I'm eager to continue working on the required forms within the allotted timeframe.

Thank you for your assistance and support throughout this process.

1 week, 5 days ago | By: Uzair Jamil

Hi,

We have opened your API access till 10th June 2024. You must use the instance registered with [email protected] email to access the instance.

Best
FlinkISO Team

1 week, 4 days ago | By: FlinkISO Team

Dear FlinkISO Team,

I hope you're doing well. Thank you for extending the API access. However, I'm encountering an issue, the API is still showing as unavailable on my end, even after using the instance registered with the [email protected] email.

Could you please investigate this matter further and assist me in resolving the issue?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

1 week, 3 days ago | By: Uzair Jamil

Hi,

It should work now.

Regards
-FlinkISO Team

1 week, 3 days ago | By: FlinkISO Team

Hello FlinkISO Team,

Thank you for your prompt response. I've just checked, and indeed, the API access is now working perfectly.

Thank you once again.

1 week, 3 days ago | By: Uzair Jamil